Sewer Pond Birding, Elk Grove?

Sally M. Walters

Does anyone know what these ponds are? Looks like sewage treatment. Anyone know if they are open for birding?

Sally Walters Schmoldt
Sacramento CA

Clifford Hawley

Hi Sally,

Google Maps says that it is Sacramento-Yolo Mosquito & Vector Control. I'm guessing they are raising mosquitofish in those ponds. From the street view you can see at least some of the ponds through the fence from the sidewalk. I doubt that other access is possible. Good birding.

Cliff Hawley
Sacramento, CA

--

Clifford Hawley
Sacramento, CA

"For, what are the voices of birds...
But words, our words,
Only so much more sweet?"
Robert Browning

naturestoc

I don't know if they are open for birding (I doubt it though). Cliff is correct, they do propagate and distribute mosquito fish there. I got a bunch for my small backyard pond.

Dan Brown,