Thank you for your support of young birders

Fiona Gillogly

Dear Central Valley birders,

My name is Fiona Gillogly and I have been a Central Valley Bird Club Youth scholarship recipient for the past four years. When I was thirteen, the first bird camp I attended with this scholarship was Bird Identification by Song at the Sierra Nevada Field Campus, where I later met author, educator and naturalists extraordinaire John Muir Laws. He became the most amazing mentor and friend to me and introduced me to nature journaling. Since that day, I have kept a nature journal and I have found that it is one of my favorite parts of birding. I love to draw the birds that I see and get to know them even better through art. I just published my first article in Birding magazine about how nature journaling enhances my birding experience and makes birding even more fun.

The Birding magazine web site doesn't have the issue available online to non-members, but I have a high-res PDF saved here that you can read:

I know that many of you have donated to the CVBC Youth Scholarship fund and I hope you will continue to do so. Your generosity helps many young birders like me have these incredible and life changing experiences in nature. Thank you so much.
If you would like to donate to that scholarship fund, you can click on the red donate button in the upper right corner of this page: www.cvbirds.org.
Thank you for your support of me and so many other young birders. I could not have attended these camps without your support.
--Fiona

Frances Oliver

Fiona,

Congratulations & Thanks for this write-up, especially for the plug for our youth scholarships!  I did share it to our Facebook page the other day. But I will share this readable link. It’s been amazing to see you grow as a birder, and watch your progress in your journaling. Looking forward to more. Maybe we can arrange to place this article on the CVBC webpage. We will be in touch.

Frances
CVBC Board Member.

On Jul 9, 2020, at 10:53 AM, Fiona Gillogly <fionasongbird@...> wrote:

[...]

Dawn Garcia

Fiona, your post is wonderful for us who love birds, wildlife and their habitats. We know what we are leaving in your hands and thank you for stepping up and sharing your passion with us, hopeful, courageous, and joyful! Altacal Audubon Society is one of your supporters and we will share your gratitude with our members. Thank you so much for posting!
Dawn Garcia
Altacal Audubon Society

--
Dawn

"when I walk with nature, my joy is full, my soul is free!"
  Lola