Cosumnes birds

John and Glennah Trochet <trochetj@...>

Dear Birders,
The fields recently flooded near the Tall Forest at the Cosumnes River Preserve are drying fast. A check of these this morning failed to produce anything of note. The best shorebirds were two lesser yellowlegs just off the north side of Desmond Road first thing today.
Yesterday was the Tall Forest bird survey for this month. We had some birds of modest interest: two Townsend's warblers, a blue-gray gnatcatcher that vocalized and moved around a lot but which evaded visual observation, a brown creeper, and a sining male purple finch. I swear there was a lot more leaf surface exposed in the early afternoon than when we started at dawn!
Best,
John Trochet