[CenValBirds] Sutter County birds

Ylightfoot@...

Hi folks:

This is a test of the CenValBirds system.

While doing Tricolored Blackbird survey work in Sutter County yesterday,
April 24, I found a few birds of possible interest to Sutter County birders.

Along Kempton Road between Pacific Avenue and Pleasant Grove Road, in a
partly flooded field on the south side of the road, 3-5 Short-billed
Dowitchers and a couple of Whimbrels were seen. The dowitchers were in
breeding plumage and heard calling in flight. I don't know exactly how many
records of Short-billed Dowitcher exist for Sutter County, but expect there
aren't many.

Cheers,

Tim

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/central_valley_birds