Re: Banded Sandhill Crane

Joe Morlan

Rusty,

In the past I have reported banded Sandhill Cranes from Staten Island here:

https://savingcranes.org/programs/north-america/report-a-banded-crane/report-a-sandhill-crane-sighting/

On Sun, 27 Nov 2022 15:51:05 -0800, "rfs_berkeley" <rscalf@...>
wrote:

Yesterday, November 26, a Sandhill Crane was seen at Staten Island
wearing 5 leg bands.

Left: Silver over Red over Green (all the same size)

Right: Yellow over Red. Yellow band the same size as the 3 on the
left leg, the Red band twice as long with P282 embossed in white.

I am trying to report using the USGS band reporting page and having no
luck; the input form insists that I report a band number for the Silver
band on the left leg and won't take No for an answer.

Does anyone know what project this is or who to contact?

Thanks,

Rusty Scalf
Berkeley, CA
--