Am robins passing through

Sally M. Walters

On Nov 23rd. I had 10 robins in my yard splashing around in my birdbaths like crazy and feeding on my lawn. They spent several hours. This went on for two days and then they left so I guess I’m on their migratory route. Yes, they are resident but their numbers clearly increase in winter per the Sacramento area checklist.
At least 2 were bright males, and 2 others faded females, some - at least 3 - with yellow and red feathers on the flanks. I thought the yellow feathers interspersed with red on the flanks might be an indicator of 1st cycle bird but didn’t find that in 1987. Pyle, Howell, etc.
Sally
Sally M. Walters
Sacramento CA