landowner objection to pursuit of the recent Sacramento County northern waterthrush

Glennah Trochet

Dear Birders,

An FYI for Sacramento County birders:

This morning I tried to relocate the northern waterthrush found yesterday under the north end of the railroad bridge which parallels Franklin Blvd. just north of the Cosumnes River Preserve.  The landowner saw me there and asked me to leave.  He apparently called law enforcement, because from the Lost Slough gate, I later saw a sheriff's officer looking east from the Franklin Blvd. bridge.  There are "no parking" signs at the north end of the road bridge, but I did not notice the trail to the spot under the railroad bridge posted against trespass.

Best,
John Trochet