WCSP subspecies citizen science study in Solano County

Robin Leong

Morning Central Valley Birders,
Lisa Hug and Dave Shuford are doing a study of WCSP subspecies in Solano, Napa, Sonoma, and Marin Counties. We did it last year, but I did a terrible job coordinating Eastern Solano County. If you are interested here is some of the information to do the study.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1qO9FSocMk6QzjfTj0KsvoBo-736-l2u9/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=118419776732327128604&rtpof=true&sd=true

If you can help this year, please also let us know if you will be able to attend a training session on subspecies recognition and data collection in Petaluma on one of the following dates:

Friday 4 November, 2-4 pm, or Sunday 6 November, 2-4 pm (details on the exact location to follow).

Attendance is not mandatory, but we encourage you to attend if you feel it would be beneficial to brush up before the field season starts and meet some fellow sparrow enthusiasts, both old and new.
I've attached some of the data sheets for your info. If you have questions please contact Dave Shuford wdshuford@... and/or Lisa Hug lisahug@...

If you decide to help out on this citizen science project please let me know robin_leong@...

Best birding,
Robin Leong