Sac Country Lapland Longspur

M. Brodie

Birders,

While at Folsom Point this morning I had a Lapland Longspur fly overhead giving its characteristic dry rattle flight call. The bird flew in from the levee leading to El Dorado county moving NW towards the point. Unfortunately I lost sight of it and (likely due to the several off-leash dogs running through the area) was not able to re-find the bird.

The area between the levee and the point was absolutely buzzing with activity- dozens of Yellow-rumped’s, an Orestera Orange-crowned, as well as meadowlarks, Savannah Sparrows, pipits, Horned Larks, and even a pair of juv. Greater White-fronts all foraging in the low vegetation.

A FOS Common Loon was the most interesting bird on the lake.

Bird on,
Max Brodie
Orangevale