Eurasian x American Wigeon hybrid, Colusa NWR 2.4.22

I remember the discussion about wigeon hybrids a while ago concerning ducks seen at the Llano Seco unit in Butte County.  We found a duck that we suspect is an Eurasian x American Wigeon hybrid while we were at Colusa NWR on Feb. 4.

If you'd like to see some pictures, you can go to our eBird report:  eBird Checklist - 4 Feb 2022 - Colusa NWR--Auto Tour Route - 0 species (+1 other taxa)  and offer your opinions.  The first picture was cropped a lot and is fuzzy, but shows the head pattern close up.

Still a lot of waterfowl in the Central Valley to enjoy!