Re: Brown-headed Cowbird

Denise and David Hamilton

Hi all,  So after reading some other replies about BH Cowbirds, are you saying that they aren't that common in Central Valley areas?  I live in Napa (OK, I know this is not CV worthy) but I get them often to my yard for seed (though only a male so far this spring.)  And, I can tell you where they all are:  visited family on Tuesday, right on the shore of Clear Lake in Lake Co.  Noticed birds on a  small dock - at least 28 male BH Cowbirds (!) being very attentive to 2 females!

Denise Hamilton
Napa

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 11:12 AM Mark Littlefield via groups.io <aeriesailor=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes, I know not the most glamorous bird, but this is the first time in 20 years I have had a Brown-headed Cowbird in my yard.  Bird is a female and has been feeding on my front yard lawn in the morning for the past couple of days.

Vicinity of Gibbons Park in Sacramento County. 38.38’25” N 121.21’16”W

Mark Littlefield
Sacramento County