Talk by Teen Birder This Thursday

Elizabeth Gillogly

Hi, CA Birder Friends!

We live in Auburn, and my teenage daughter, Fiona Gillogly, is an avid birder and nature journaler (aka field sketching). She is giving a free talk online this Thursday, Jan 28 at 6pm as part of the Birdy Hour Speaker Series with the San Francisco Bay Bird Observatory. Her talk is called: "Taken Under Their Wings: How Chickens and Supportive Mentors Launched My Passion for Birding and Nature Journaling." Fiona will discuss her journey as a birder and nature journaler, and she will also share some stories of those who have been key mentors on her birding journey (which includes some folks on this list!)

You may have heard Fiona speak the past 3 years at the Central Valley Bird Symposium, when, as the opening act for the Saturday dinner keynote speaker, she shared stories and her nature journal pages from the teen birding camps she was able to attend thanks to the CVBC Youth Birding Scholarships she has received. And we know that many on this list have contributed to those scholarships, so THANK YOU for your support. It has been such a transformative experience for her to spend time with others her age who are as crazy about birds as she is!

Here is the link to the event--it is free but registration is required. (You can also make an optional donation to SFBBO.):

If you are unable to attend, the recording will be posted in a week or so on this page (scroll to the bottom of the page): https://www.sfbbo.org/birdy.html

There are lots of fantastic past talks already archived there as well, so you may want to check them out.

Happy Birding!

Beth Kelley Gillogly