Eastern Phoebe, Cache Creek, Yolo County, Jan 24 2021

Brent Campos

Fellow bird watchers,

There was an Eastern Phoebe along Cache Creek today. Coordinates for the bird and a photo are in an eBird checklist, here. To see this bird, from the Wild Wings access point (directions here) walk west on the gravel road along the dry canal to the "western pond," an old mining borrow pit filled in with emergent marsh vegetation and ringed with Gooding's willow. If you have not birded at Wild Wings County Park before, or haven't recently, you will notice relatively new No Trespassing signage along this gravel road. The land to the west of the County Park, between the canal and the creek channel is owned by the Yolo County Flood Control and Water Conservation District. The assistant general manager for YCFCWCD has informed me that: "The property is still considered private property, but we are allowing respectful walkers to still enjoy the path."

Brent Campos
Woodland