Short-eared Owls at Staten Island Road (San Joaquin County) - January 20, 2021

michael.bumgardner@att.net

My wife (Karen Bumgardner) and I had at least two short-eared owls flying west of Staten Island Road in San Joaquin County yesterday at approximately 4:30 pm.  The owls were typically about 500 feet out from the road in the 0.3 miles north of the 2nd residence along the road (-121.506884°/38.193030°) but occasionally approached within as little as 300 feet.  On two occasions an individual sat on the top of a t-post in a fence line that runs east-west.

Michael Bumgardner

Gold River, CA 95670