Re: Yellow-billed Loon yes

Bart Wickel

Here are some photos of the bird today: https://ebird.org/checklist/S79352983

To clarify, I don't think you have better access to the section of the levee where the YBLO was observed today if you walk in from the county park. It would not be visible from there.
It was observed downstream of the confluence of Little Potato Slough and the S Mokelumne River working its way towards the bridge from 38.116116, -121.496811

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 4:53 PM B W <bartwickel@...> wrote:
I am not sure that's correct Frances. I refound the bird today after it was found and documented by Lynnette Williams on ebird yesterday.
The location indicated by Andy is publically accessible, though on weekdays there might be some construction activity (based on parked equipment).

Bart Wickel
Davis

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021, 4:25 PM Frances Oliver <hummer52@...> wrote:
Please be aware that on weekdays they are working on the levee with heavy equipment and you will be kicked off. The BEST LEGAL location is to park at Westgate Landing County Park ($5 fee) and walk west toward the bridge.

Frances
Lodi, CQ
On Jan 16, 2021, at 3:56 PM, Andy Engilis via groups.io <aengilisjr=ucdavis.edu@groups.io> wrote:

The yellow-billed loon was refound today on the Mokelomne River,  north of Tower Park Marina, HWY-12. It was foraging along the river at the levee of Staten Island,  just north of Hwy 12 Bridge.  Park on Tower Maina Road and walk up the levee under the bridge.  Good luck,  still being seen at 4pm.  This is the location it was first found.

Andy Engilis
Elk Grove

Get Outlook for Android