The Robins at Caswell Memorial State Park, Etc.

Sal

There is a bumper crop of wild grapes at the park this winter.  During a short walk along the trails, I counted around 300 AMERICAN ROBINS flying about, calling, and consuming the grapes. I have never seen so many robins there before--quite a spectacle!  Cedar Waxwings and Hermit Thrushes were also at the grapevines.  I looked for Varied Thrushes in vain.  Whoever can find them there can get a gold starEmoji

P.S. Certain annual passes, like my Golden Poppy, have been given three-month extensions due to the 2019 shutdown of state parks.  If you want to be certain, check out the California State Parks website.

Sal Salerno, Modesto