Glaucous Gull at Nimbus Fish hatchery Yesterday

Aidan Brubaker

Yesterday at the Nimbus Fish Hatchery I had a very large gull with pale primaries fly over me from down river and I managed one photo before it flew out of sight. I just though it was a weird Glaucous-winged Gull but as I was reviewing the photos at home, I noticed it looked quiet different than the other Glaucous-winged Gulls I photographed. I posted it, as well as several other gulls to a bird forum I frequent, were the consensus among the other birders arrived at it being a probable Glaucous Gull. Also of interest there was a very probable Glaucous-winged Gull x Glaucous Gull Hybrid that I photographed extensively as I could not tell what it was.

Discussion on this gull https://forums.whatbird.com/index.php?/topic/15430-aidans-miscellaneous-gulls-3/

The probable Glaucous Gull

Aidan Brubaker
Fair Oaks, Sacramento, California