Female Rose-Breasted Grosbeak Along Deer Creek

Adam Panto

This morning around 7:45, I had an adult female Rose-Breasted Grosbeak on the El Dorado Trail along Deer Creek. White supercilium (not buffy), a very pink bill & heavily streaked underparts. The bird was west of Latrobe Road, just before you get to the high railroad trestle. It’s just under a mile walk down the tracks from the pullout on Latrobe road. I got pictures that I will upload later to Ebird. She was associating loosely with an adult male Black Headed. Good luck!

Here is a link to the closest ebird hotspot if you’re unfamiliar with the area.

https://ebird.org/hotspot/L3305338

Adam Panto

Placerville