Re: American Redstart, valley barred owl

Joan Humphrey

   Regarding the Yolo Barred Owl

Turns out for this first valley floor bird, the agencies requested a permanent home in a licensed facility.  The California Raptor Center said they were willing, so the Barred Owl will be making its home there. I think it will eventually be in one of the self-tour display cages. Hopefully it will adapt well to captivity.  It is reported to have a good appetite.

Good birding,

Joan Humphrey
Davis, CA

On Sunday, January 19, 2020, 07:39:02 AM PST, Dawn Garcia <avifan59@...> wrote:

Hi, it will surprise me if the barred owl is released in the area. It’s not a secret that agencies and private companies are “removing” (killing) the owls in nearby forests including our area national forests. Science shows they are  threatening populations of spotted owl by breeding and/or displacing them from their territories.  I am not stating an opinion, just facts.
Dawn Garcia
Oroville, CA
--
Dawn

"when I walk with nature, my joy is full, my soul is free!"
  Lola