Re: Tule Greater White-fronted Geese

Leo Edson <leoedson@...>

Yesterday, thanks to Steve's post and subsequent eBird reports by others, I was able to locate a loose group, or two groups in close proximity, of Tule White-fronted Geese (total of 19 birds) just east of the southwest corner of the Colusa NWR auto loop. The can be almost hard to miss when you know what field marks and behavioral characteristics to look for.

I recommend that anyone with more than just a casual interest in this subject at least skim this excellent publication on the results of a recent White-fronted Goose genetic study:

--
Leo Edson