Hooded Warbler, Cache Creek, Yolo Co. May 21

Brent Campos

This morning I found a Hooded Warbler singing along Cache Creek in Yolo County. Photos and coordinates can be found in the eBird checklist below. The bird sang fairly consistently the entire time I was within earshot. The bird ranged from near ground level to near the top of the canopy.

From the Wild Wings County Park access location for Cache Creek, cross the bridge over the canal and head west on the gravel road that parallels the canal to the coordinates. The mosquitoes were as abundant as I have seen them at this location; I highly recommend repellent.

Brent Campos
Woodland