From: 'Denise Hamilton' napabirders@... [central_valley_birds] To: Central Valley Birds Sent: Tue, Nov 28, 2017 3:05 pm
Subject: Re: [CVBirds] Yolo Bypass & Lake Solano 11/27

Re: Report from yesterday -

Forgot to add that from afar we counted over 60 BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT HERONS (adults and juv) perched in trees along side the main berm from where you drive on and over to get down (and also where it appears that people are just out to walk.)  We were seeing them from the tour route south of parking lot B, so were quite far, but easy enough to see and count.  Is this a usual happening?

Non-bird interest:  The sky and plants (and our car- which it looks like someone took a can of crazy string to it!) was full of spiders traveling on long webs.  Saw a couple of spiders on the windshield, and to be honest, was quite surprised to see how small they were considering how large the webs were.

Denise Hamilton
Napa