Re: [CVBirds] Blue Gray Gnatcatchers

John Sterling

they are regular wintering birds in riparian, especially with coyote brush as Hampton states, but also in mesquite further south in the valley

I see then routinely from Sutter County south, but suspect that they are regular north to Red Bluff.

John Sterling
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

26 Palm Ave
Woodland, CA 95695
530 908-3836
jsterling@...
www.sterlingbirds.com

On Dec 7, 2015, at 1:08 PM, Steve Hampton stevechampton@... [central_valley_birds] <central_valley_birds-noreply@...> wrote:

I see them regularly in winter where there are large patches of coyote bush (e.g. South Fork Putah Creek Preserve sw of Mace and Putah Creek; Cache Creek Wildwings Park w of Woodland).

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Ben Graber bgraber984@... [central_valley_birds] <central_valley_birds-noreply@...> wrote:

I saw a small flock of about 7 Blue Gray Gnatcatchers at Paradise Beach in the American River Parkway today. They were unusually cooperative and clearly identifiable by the buzzing call, namesake coloration, and long tails with white outer tail feathers. They were in the shrubbery between the parking lot and the river.

I know they are mostly here in Spring and Summer. Has anyone else had any overwintering ones this year?

Ben Graber

Steve Hampton
Davis, CA