Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 7:17 PM
Subject: RE: [CVBirds] Rufous Hummer "invasion," Putah Creek

The invasion extends to the coast. I had a male here in Half Moon Bay today (Rufous), and that is my first male in spring that I can recall on the coast. I think it is drought related. The flowers they usually go for must be in short supply, so they are moving to areas where they are usually not found at this time of year, perhaps lower areas nearer to water/coast that may be more humid? That is my guess.

Alvaro

Alvaro Jaramillo

alvaro@...

www.alvarosadventures.com