Yolo Bypass & Lake Solano Highlights 2/2

We had brief looks at the Yolo Bypass SWAMP SPARROW this morning in the spot previously reported.  It was right down on the ground creeping among the weeds so not a great look.    Other highlights- a beautiful male WOOD DUCK across the road from the swamp sparrow spot- right at the beginning of the one-way road.  Sitting out on a berm.  Five TUNDRA SWANS flew overhead.

At Lake Solano Park, we saw the continuing LEWIS’S WOODPECKERS, one male PHAINOPEPLA,  & a WHITE-THROATED SPARROW right next to the bathroom in the park parking lot.  We ran into some birders who looked for the RED-NAPED SAPSUCKER but had no luck. Numerous STELLER’S JAYS & some VARIED THRUSH, among plenty of other species rounded out the park list.   Many beautiful COMMON GOLDENEYES, HOODED & COMMON MERGANSERS.  The only BARROW’S GOLDENEYE we saw was on Putah Creek not far from the Hwy 128 bridge. (We did not see a DIPPER.)

Enjoying the birds,
Denise & David Hamilton
Napa
napabirders@...