From: Craig Swolgaard cswol@... [central_valley_birds]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 1:34 PM
To: CV Birds ; sierra-nevadabirds
Subject: [CVBirds] Ruby-crowned Kinglet Behavior

Hi Birders-

Thought Id throw this out to see if others have noticed. This fall Ive seen several instances of ruby-crowned kinglets singing and/ or flaring out their ruby crown, which I dont normally notice this time of year. Just now there were two having a scuffle in my yard with plenty of flaring and vocalizations (not calls). First, are there others noticing the same thing? Second, is this unusual for this bird as it seems to be? An obvious, not necessarily correct, conclusion is that the unseasonably warm temperatures are causing this. Id welcome any ideas.

Craig Swolgaard
Georgetown, CA

Yahoo Groups Links