Lake Natoma Loons

tuckerh586

Monday evening (1/21) I took my camera out to Lake Natoma to capture the reported Pacific Loon that's been hanging around for some time. Much to my surprise, I found two! As a newbe (first post), Bruce pointed out that the pix I posted in the Misc file wasn't two Pacific but a Pacific as well as a Common Loon. After some web search I must concure. I biked down the west side with my camera gear, but the birds seemed to favor the east side (Folsom side), especially with the rowing tracfic at that time of day.

Tucker Hammerstrom
Folsom, CA