Yesterday Merced and Stanislaus

David Suddjian

Birding while passing through these two counties yesterday 1/21...

White Rock Road at 1.3 miles from the Mariposa line had a juv. ROUGH-LEGGED
HAWK perched not far from a FERRUGINOUS HAWK, with a juv. BALD EAGLE not
too far away for a nice raptor grouping. A male MOUNTAIN BLUEBIRD was along
Hornitos Road south of the Merced River. A LEWIS'S WOODPECKER and a GOLDEN
EAGLE were along Highway 132 between La Grange and the Tuolumne line. An
adult BALD EAGLE was at Lake Dawson. Two FERRUGINOUS HAWKS were along Hwy
59 south of Lake Dawson. The VERMILION FLYCATCHER continued at Wilson Road
near Santa Fe Grade and a male EURASIAN WIGEON was also there. A short look
at O'Neill Forebay had an estimated 110 REDHEADS within reasonable viewing
distance, but I could see there were more off away beyond my focus of
attention.

David Suddjian
Capitola