Re: [CVBirds] Sutter County Mew Gull

John Sterling

congratulations on a first record for Sutter County!

John Sterling

26 Palm Ave
Woodland, CA 95695
530 908-3836
jsterling@wavecable.com

www.sterlingbirds.com (photos, classes, tours, county birding)

On Jan 21, 2013, at 7:32 PM, "buckeyes0268" <buckeyes0268@yahoo.com> wrote:

Found a MEW GULL in Yuba City today along the Feather River. From the intersection of Garden HWY and 2nd street go south on 2nd street towards the Sutter County Airport, take the first left going east and go up the levee until you come to the sandy road on the right that parallels the river. The road looks a bit rough but it's a good road and leads to the beach. This is the exact location Dan Skalos and I found the Common Loon a few years ago. Follow for approx 200 yards and you can see the sand bar across the river on the Yuba County side and the bird was mixed in with a few RING-BILLED and CALIFORNIA GULLS on a sandbar. The last I saw of the bird it flew into Sutter County, I did my happy dance, and flew north along the river. Hopefully it will return and someone will locate this bird again.

Cheers
Jim Laughlin
Yuba City