Re: [CVBirds] Lake Solano Hybrid Sapsucker?

John Sterling

yes, good call, it is a hybrid

John Sterling

26 Palm Ave
Woodland, CA 95695
530 908-3836
jsterling@wavecable.com

www.sterlingbirds.com (photos, classes, tours, county birding)

On Jan 11, 2012, at 7:23 PM, David wrote:

Hi All,

After reviewing the pictures we took at Lake Solano on Jan. 9, 2012, I took a good look at the sapsucker we saw. (I heard pecking on a tree trunk and discovered the bird close to the ground while we were walking around in the park. I took a quick look, and said Sapsucker and really didn't look at it again. David went and took a picture, but didn't say anything about it looking different.)

I posted the bird in the SAPSUCKER album and would appreciate comments as to whether or not the bird is a Red-breasted-Red-naped Hybrid or ??

Thanks so much!
Denise Hamilton
Napa
Napabirders@att.net