Lake Solano Hybrid Sapsucker?

Denise and David Hamilton

Hi All,

After reviewing the pictures we took at Lake Solano on Jan. 9, 2012, I took a good look at the sapsucker we saw. (I heard pecking on a tree trunk and discovered the bird close to the ground while we were walking around in the park. I took a quick look, and said Sapsucker and really didn't look at it again. David went and took a picture, but didn't say anything about it looking different.)

I posted the bird in the SAPSUCKER album and would appreciate comments as to whether or not the bird is a Red-breasted-Red-naped Hybrid or ??

Thanks so much!
Denise Hamilton
Napa
Napabirders@att.net