From: central_valley_birds@...
[mailto:central_valley_birds@...] On Behalf Of Steve Hampton
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 3:29 PM
To: central_valley_birds@...
Subject: [CVBirds] Yolo Co Longspur Corner no more

All,

FYI, "longspur corner" at Rds 16 and 90B in the Dunnigan Hills northwest of
Woodland is completely under the plow and tilled-- about a square mile
completely encapsulating the corner. It looks destined to be an olive
orchard or vineyard is my guess. It's already an excellent place to find
starlings.

In past years, this area had rolling hills with pasture imitating shortgrass
prairies, and was a winter home to
three species of longspurs, raptors of all kinds, Mountain Plover, Mountain
Bluebird, and Grasshopper Sparrow.

Steve Hampton
Resource Economist
Office of Spill Prevention and Response