Re: [CVBirds] European White Stork

Bruce Deuel

Here's a picture of the bird sent to me by Karen Kovacs of DFG. The bird
has spent some of its time on the Shasta Valley Wildlife Area.

Cheers,
Bruce Deuel
Red Bluff

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Ron LeValley <ron@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Here is the essence of some messages I received last night and this
morning.
Since I have not heard anything else about this bird, I thought I would
post
it on Cal-Birds and other norcal lists. I don't have any more info, not
even
to confirm the identification, but thought someone would comment or go
check
it out!

----------

Not sure how rare it is, or if you spend time chasing birds around to

add to your list but there is evidently a European White Stork hanging

around over here between Yreka and Montague. A couple of other

biologist went and took a look at it Saturday. Not sure how long it's

been here.

The bird was still there this morning. Jim said it's been there for almost
two weeks. It was off of the Yreka Ager Rd about a mile and a half north
of
Hwy 3. T45N R6W, I think sec 17 but not positive of that.

I guess it's following the cattle around eating grasshoppers. Sounds like
it's been visible from the road.

Forgot to mention it's also been seen off Hwy 3 near the Shasta River
(about
a mile or so south of the where it was this morning). That would be sec's
20 and 29.

On Saturday it was on Fioks property off of Ager Road.

Ron LeValley Photography
P.O. Box 332

Little River CA 95456

707/937-1742

Mendocino Coast Photographer Guild and Gallery
301 North Main Street
Fort Bragg California USA 95437
Cell: 707/496-3326
Gallery: 707/964-4706

<mailto:Ron@...> Ron@...

For a free natural history Picture of the Day in your e-mail, go to
<http://www.levalleyphoto.com/gallery/omw.php>
http://www.levalleyphoto.com/gallery/omw.php

For archives of past Picture of the Days, go to
<http://www.levalleyphoto.com/gallery> www.levalleyphoto.com/gallery