European White Stork

Ron LeValley

Hi all,

Here is the essence of some messages I received last night and this morning.
Since I have not heard anything else about this bird, I thought I would post
it on Cal-Birds and other norcal lists. I don't have any more info, not even
to confirm the identification, but thought someone would comment or go check
it out!

----------

Not sure how rare it is, or if you spend time chasing birds around to

add to your list but there is evidently a European White Stork hanging

around over here between Yreka and Montague. A couple of other

biologist went and took a look at it Saturday. Not sure how long it's

been here.

The bird was still there this morning. Jim said it's been there for almost
two weeks. It was off of the Yreka Ager Rd about a mile and a half north of
Hwy 3. T45N R6W, I think sec 17 but not positive of that.

I guess it's following the cattle around eating grasshoppers. Sounds like
it's been visible from the road.

Forgot to mention it's also been seen off Hwy 3 near the Shasta River (about
a mile or so south of the where it was this morning). That would be sec's
20 and 29.

On Saturday it was on Fioks property off of Ager Road.

Ron LeValley Photography
P.O. Box 332

Little River CA 95456

707/937-1742

Mendocino Coast Photographer Guild and Gallery
301 North Main Street
Fort Bragg California USA 95437
Cell: 707/496-3326
Gallery: 707/964-4706

<mailto:Ron@...> Ron@...

For a free natural history Picture of the Day in your e-mail, go to
<http://www.levalleyphoto.com/gallery/omw.php>
http://www.levalleyphoto.com/gallery/omw.php

For archives of past Picture of the Days, go to
<http://www.levalleyphoto.com/gallery> www.levalleyphoto.com/gallery