Davis Gulls 3/9

We spent some time checking out all the gulls on the levees of the sewage ponds late this morning, and returned in the afternoon around 2 pm. Checked out the levees again and then drove down the gravel road and stopped to scope at the dump and the pond below. The Glaucous Gull was quite visible, but we could not find any of the others. Trash was coming in continuously and the gulls were in a massive mob- a lot on the pond and many in the air. We tried to scan, but there was no way we could have found a rarity in those flocks. The freezing cold wind in the face wasn't helpful either!

Nothing unusual to report at the Davis Wetlands or Yolo Bypass (except one nice Bittern out in the open.) The clear air and the beautiful snow-covered mountains were spectacular!

Best birding,
Denise & David Hamilton
Napa
napabirders@att.net