From: CCB Health & Fitness
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2018 12:05 PM
To: ccbhealthandfitness@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ccbhealthandfitness] BETA update

excellent feedback, thanks!

the ismoothrun…do you find it pretty accessible, as in you can navigate and gather data from app pretty easily?
RYAN VAN PRAET (R. Kin)
CCB Health & Fitness
National Program Manager & Coach
ccb.healthandfitness@...
226-627-2179

to find links to Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Podcast & Email Chat List

On Nov 15, 2018, at 3:02 PM, Jean Menzies <jemenzies@...> wrote:

I use two iPhone apps:

ErgData – provides real-time spoken feedback and uploads workout info  for indoor rowing to my Concept2 log book. I forget all of the fields that can be reported, but I use pace (stroke rate), time, distance, heart rate (when using a smart HR monitor), avrage pace, etc.

iSmoothRun – Provides spoken feedback for time, pace, distance, etc. for indoor treadmill runs/walks. It can use GPS as well, but it is one of the few that work indoors on a treadmill. Using a smart chest heart rate strap and a smart foot pod stride sensor, I also get HR and distance without having to have the iPhone in my hand. I keep that data within the iSmoothRun app, but it can be exported to other fitness tracking apps and platforms. You can also create workouts to have it give you spoken prompts and feedback, working within specific HR zones, etc.

When I first got into indoor rowing, I also used an app called Metrownome. It is simply a pacing metronome app geared to the rowing stroke, helping pace the catch, drive and recovery phases. It is very accessible. The problem is that it doesn’t run in the background, so I couldn’t use it along with ErgData.

Jean