Re: BETA update

Jean Menzies <jemenzies@...>

Yes, iSmoothRun is quite accessible. There are areas that aren’t, but the voice feedback during a workout and viewing the log history all work nicely. I don’t have any useful vision, and it works well. I do have a bit of trouble creating specific workouts, so I don’t do that very much. I tend to modify the base workouts rather than creating lengthy ones of my own. I’m sure if I spent more time with it, I would figure it out. E.g., prompting for intervals, etc. I just set it to report evry minute, and change things up on my own.
I think if I spent time with it, though, it would be quite doable. But for my useage, just working with the defaults works go

All of the apps I mentioned are free.

Jean

Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2018 12:05 PM
To: ccbhealthandfitness@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ccbhealthandfitness] BETA update

excellent feedback, thanks!

the ismoothrun…do you find it pretty accessible, as in you can navigate and gather data from app pretty easily?
RYAN VAN PRAET (R. Kin)
CCB Health & Fitness
National Program Manager & Coach
ccb.healthandfitness@...
226-627-2179

to find links to Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Podcast & Email Chat List

On Nov 15, 2018, at 3:02 PM, Jean Menzies <jemenzies@...> wrote:

I use two iPhone apps:

ErgData – provides real-time spoken feedback and uploads workout info  for indoor rowing to my Concept2 log book. I forget all of the fields that can be reported, but I use pace (stroke rate), time, distance, heart rate (when using a smart HR monitor), avrage pace, etc.

iSmoothRun – Provides spoken feedback for time, pace, distance, etc. for indoor treadmill runs/walks. It can use GPS as well, but it is one of the few that work indoors on a treadmill. Using a smart chest heart rate strap and a smart foot pod stride sensor, I also get HR and distance without having to have the iPhone in my hand. I keep that data within the iSmoothRun app, but it can be exported to other fitness tracking apps and platforms. You can also create workouts to have it give you spoken prompts and feedback, working within specific HR zones, etc.

When I first got into indoor rowing, I also used an app called Metrownome. It is simply a pacing metronome app geared to the rowing stroke, helping pace the catch, drive and recovery phases. It is very accessible. The problem is that it doesn’t run in the background, so I couldn’t use it along with ErgData.

Jean
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2018 5:38 AM
To: ccbhealthandfitness@groups.io
Subject: [ccbhealthandfitness] BETA update

Hey everyone!
Hope you are having a great November and maybe even starting to get into the Christmas spirit?

Just wanted to update you on the BETA test request i’ve put out there. 
I’ve deviced to “shelve” the beta test of the Polar apps as in current testing we’ve found it too problematic to be useful for our purposes.

I thank you all who have tested and provided feedback.

I would love to know however, what fitness devices and apps you use?
Do you find the apps and devices accessible, especially to the totally blind individual?

We are finding low vision folks can “work around” some issues with many devices and apps, but we are looking for a user friendly solution for totally blind users.

So, are you an Apple Watch user?  Fitbit user?  What apps?

Would love your feedback as we continue to find solutions to help you achieve your fitness goals.

Have an awesome day everyone!
RYAN VAN PRAET (R. Kin)
CCB Health & Fitness
National Program Manager & Coach
ccb.healthandfitness@...
226-627-2179

to find links to Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Podcast & Email Chat List

Join ccbhealthandfitness@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.