Re: How much would you.....

CCB Health & Fitness

Albert,
I know the saga of you and your BowFlex!! haha:)

My hope is to find a method to keep people active and engaged in the winter especially, also helping eliminate the obstacle of getting to a gym.

Certainly I am a big fan of getting out into the world…however sometimes you need to do what is necessary to get the job done.

I think keeping people active more regularly in winter will provide them with more energy and motivation to get going in the spring, summer.

RYAN VAN PRAET (R. Kin)
CCB Health & Fitness
National Program Manager & Coach
226-627-2179

to find links to Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Podcast & Email Chat List

On Oct 25, 2018, at 9:00 PM, Albert Ruel <albert.gtt@...> wrote:

Hey Ryan.  How about a set of Bands, a Floor Mat, a used Treadmill or BoFlex?  I picked up a used Treadmill for $200 and a BoFlex for about $500 some years ago, and sadly right now they’re great places for hanging things from in the garage.  

Thx, Albert

From: ccbhealthandfitness@groups.io [mailto:ccbhealthandfitness@groups.io] On Behalf Of CCB Health & Fitness
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 5:25 PM
To: ccbhealthandfitness@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ccbhealthandfitness] How much would you.....

hey bud,

Thanks for the feedback.
Ya the monthly money going out can really catch up….

I think I”m trying to get a handle on a theoretical:

“Hey, if I said pay $100, get a piece of equipment, engage with us online, LIVE in an exercise class….would you do this?”

I’m THINKING if i can get discounts, etc, and I can get a cost of say $100 for the blind/VI for a spin bike…then they can login 2x a week for indoor cycling classes.

It’s not something everyone would love, but i think it’s a scheduled workout that people will do virtually, I’d instruct…and you’d get regular exercise…

Just my thoughts.
RYAN VAN PRAET (R. Kin)
CCB Health & Fitness
226-627-2179

On Oct 25, 2018, at 4:56 PM, Markus ThaDon2014 <makaveli2014@...> wrote:

Hey bud, very good question. I for one had to terminate my gym membership for the reason of the cost was just simply kvetching up to us. I do have a weight bench in my basement for the time being plus an Oliptical that Robin was given for free, how ever with the fact that we have to move I’m not sure if i will be able to keep either of them will depend on how much room we have in the new place when they find one for us.
If i had to spend on a piece of equipment for a one time life long exercise  part of my life i would have to say i would defiantly find a good TRX to purchase and if i had the room i would potentially purchase a treadmill .
Those are my thoughts. Not sure if that is what you are looking for but i thought i would give my two sents.
Have a great evening.

Lion Markus McCracken
Chatham Lion’s Club

Active Living
Sports/Recreation
For all Abilities 

519 784 3416 

From: ccbhealthandfitness@groups.io <ccbhealthandfitness@groups.io> on behalf of CCB Health & Fitness <ccb.healthandfitness@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:34:14 AM
To: ccbhealthandfitness@groups.io
Subject: [ccbhealthandfitness] How much would you.....

Good October morning everyone!! 

I will be posing this question on Facebook and wanted to get your feedback as well.
Please share this with any friends/family who are blind/VI as the more replies the better.

With winter coming and access to external exercise facilities/resources becoming potentially more limited, I am curious…

HOW MUCH WOULD YOU SPEND TO HAVE EXERCISE EQUIPMENT AT HOME THAT YOU COULD USE TO PARTICIPATE IN FREE AND LIVE WEEKLY EXERCISE CLASSES——VIRTUALLY?

In discussion with many folks, either in big cities or specifically in rural settings, transportation can certainly pose a great burden on getting to a fitness facility.

Here at he Health & Fitness Program I am always listening and looking for new ways to help you out.

Certainly it is no secret that the blind/VI community are prone to tighter financial situations, however it is still required to meet you physical fitness needs in order to help prevent disease, manage current disease and just plain feel better!!   
Would you invest in YOURSELF?  If so how much?

0-$20
20100$
100$+

I am thinking a 1 time purchase that you would invest in a piece of equipment that you would then have at home, allowing you to participate in FREE, LIVE, FITNESS class.

What kind of class?
Really depends on the equipment…
TRX,  Spin Class, Theraband Class, Body Weight/Core class….lots of options.

So there you have it…I am curious, as i have lots of ideas that can work, they key is finding a solution that would work best for most folks.

Let me know your thoughts!!!
RYAN VAN PRAET (R. Kin)
CCB Health & Fitness
226-627-2179

Join ccbhealthandfitness@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.