What's Your Current Project?

Stephen Sherman

Here's something I've started working on. I'm not the first to do this, but it's a first time for me. I'm making a bubble space helmet for the Flash Gordon space suit. I went to my local Meijer store the week after Christmas to look at the clearance items. I bought four of these clear plastic ornaments for 75 cents each. One thing I like about these ornaments is that they are a single piece of plastic, as opposed to the 60mm two-part clear plastic spheres you find at Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

I cut the neck ring off a Playing Mantis Flash Gordon helmet, then placed it against the top of the ornament and traced a circle. Then I sloooowly cut the top off the ornament with an X-acto razor saw.

I plan on painting the neck ring with a metallic spray paint before attaching the bubble, but it's been too dang cold to spray paint in my garage the past few days.

I'll probably use this as a custom space suit for the Captain as opposed to putting the Gordon mask on him.

GHAMLET Grove

Sounds cool!!  Can’t wait to see it!

On Jan 30, 2021, at 7:32 PM, Stephen Sherman <sdsherman62@...> wrote:

[...]

<CA_SpaceHelmet.JPG>