current vintage CA prices

tommy chong

Is is me or has there been an uptick in CA prices on ePay lately?  I thought that latest lab set was going to go for a couple of bucks and I told my g/f that I might be spending a good amount, but I was actually shocked it hit the price that it did.  The sum of the individual pieces doesn't add up to what it hammered at.......OR does it?  

thesharkman

Craig

I’ve been hearing that vintage toys and back issue comics in general have spiked due to the pandemic and people needing something to do.

Craig

On Jun 24, 2021, at 12:15 PM, streambandit@... wrote:

Is is me or has there been an uptick in CA prices on ePay lately?  I thought that latest lab set was going to go for a couple of bucks and I told my g/f that I might be spending a good amount, but I was actually shocked it hit the price that it did.  The sum of the individual pieces doesn't add up to what it hammered at.......OR does it?  

thesharkman

--
Craig S
AstroJoe62

Danny Young

That's a pretty good haul for that for sure. Like always, I'll see something go high and think well this is a great time to sell the same thing and it tanks...

I do think some items are going for more, and the bargains are fewer now for sure.

Danny

-----Original Message-----
To: captainaction@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jun 24, 2021 1:15 pm
Subject: [captainaction] current vintage CA prices

thesharkman

--
Danny Young (Drquest)
http://www.theflatearth.net/captainaction/

tommy chong

Craig,

A friend of mine who recently retired and who has yet found his retirement calling (ie he's bored a lot of days...lol) has been really into hot comics lately.  If what he is telling me is really true, my comics are suddenly looking like an unintended retirement supplement.  Three, yes 3, of my books were estimated to be worth $60k (Hulk #181, TMNT #1 first printing and Marvel Spotlight #5 first appearance of Ghost Rider).  I used to be a super picky SOB when it came to buying silver age books and it seems that was a good thing now days since I have most complete runs of all the major silver and bronze age Marvel crappola in at least NM.  I stopped buying books a couple of years ago after my house was broken into and books were found all over the place and had been contemplating to just dump the whole lot of books for $20k, if I could even get that.  LOL.....crazy times we are living in.  

Now if I could only find the few Dr. Evil pieces that I need w/o paying an arm and a leg.

thesharkman

Danny Young

What pieces are you looking for?

Danny

Sent: Fri, Jun 25, 2021 12:10 pm
Subject: Re: [captainaction] current vintage CA prices

Now if I could only find the few Dr. Evil pieces that I need w/o paying an arm and a leg.

thesharkman

--
Danny Young (Drquest)
http://www.theflatearth.net/captainaction/

tommy chong

I need the eye with cover and base and the hypogun.  I could also use one sandal.   =)

thesharkman

Sent: Friday, June 25, 2021 1:26 PM
To: streambandit@... <streambandit@...>; captainaction@groups.io <captainaction@groups.io>

What pieces are you looking for?

Danny

Sent: Fri, Jun 25, 2021 12:10 pm

thesharkman