The Golden Age of British Dance Bands email@example.comThe forum for all who love the Great British Dance Bands of the 1920's,1930's and 1940's (& relevant bands thereafter) as well as the popular music of that era known as The Golden Age of British Dance Bands.
Their musical versatility embraced jazz, hot dance, sweet, novelty and ballroom music. Bandleaders, their vocalists and instrumentalists were the pop stars of their era through radio broadcasts, gramophone recordings, touring, and residencies at top hotels, clubs, restaurants and ballrooms across the United Kingdom.
Here we recall the bands, vocalists, & musicians,from those golden years, such as Al Bowlly, Henry Hall, Jack Payne, Harry Roy, Ambrose, Sydney Lipton, Jack Jackson, Carroll Gibbons, Jack Hylton, Charlie Kunz, Joe Loss, Bert Firman, Jack Harris, Bram Martin, Lew Stone, Roy Fox, Billy Cotton, Ray Noble, Fred Elizalde, Teddy Joyce, Debroy Somers, Sydney Kyte, Maurice Winnick, Bertini,Billy Merrin,Jock McDermott, Geraldo,Herman Darewski, Jerry Hoey, George Scott Wood, Jay Wilbur, Billy Bissett, Oscar Rabin, Alex Freer, Harry Bidgood, Ray Starita,Savoy Orpheans,Jose Norman, Lloyd Shakespeare, Jack McCormick, Jay Whidden,Ronnie Munro, Howard Godfrey,Harry Hudson, Van Phillips,Louis Levy, Mantovani, Brian Lawrance, Sam Browne, Val Rosing, George Barclay, Denny Dennis, Dan Donovan, Les Allen, Billy Scott-Coomber, Ronnie Genarder, Chick Henderson,Bob Mallin,Maurice Elwin, Sam Costa, George Elrick, Leslie Douglas,Gene Crowley,Jack Plant, Anne Lenner, Elsie Carlisle, Anne Shelton, Mary Lee, Alice Mann, Celia Lipton, Vera Lynn,Marjorie Stedeford, Marjorie Kingsley, Evelyn Dall, Doreen Villiers,Phyllis Robins, Eve Becke,Wendy Clare, The Carlyle Cousins, The Three Ginx, Freddy Gardner, Bert Read, Eddie Carroll, Stanley Andrews, Sylvester Ahola, Sid Phillips,Woolf Phillips, Tiny Winters, Bill Mulraney, Billy Munn, Ted Heath, Nat Gonella, Alfie Noakes, Harry Balen, Lew Davis, George Chisholm...& countless other stars.
- 575 Members
- 14,653 Topics , Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- Post: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe: email@example.com
- Unsubscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Group Owner: email@example.com
- Help: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.