Topics

Invitation to join the Bridge Standards Working Group

Kiat Huang

Hi,

The growth of digital Bridge software and services has created an increasingly crowded marketplace of systems that cannot operate with each other efficiently, if at all. In an effort to develop and manage standards for the sustainable future of Bridge, we invite you to join the Bridge Standards Working Group (BSWG).  The BSWG is an independent, non-profit, self-governed organization intended to agree upon and manage technical standards related to Bridge.  The BSWG is a strategic and technical resource that will help ensure the efficient deployment of technology that supports Bridge.  The BSWG will provide strategic guidance on the evolution of Bridge technology and provide insights on the needs of the Bridge community. Participation in this standard-setting organization can be a meaningful way for you to influence technical standards that enable interoperability between systems.  For members who may not drive technical development but need to become experienced in utilizing the standards or other deliverables the BSWG may develop, early access and training provides substantial value.

Membership in the BSWG will include online bridge platform operators, technical experts from National Bridge Organizations (NBOs), experts in data formats, and developers from the community. The BSWG will primarily communicate using electronic means (email, chat, video) with periodic general meetings, as needed.  We have included below a list of all organizations that are being invited to join the charter session; we hope to have broad cross-functional participation in order to drive value for all members.

Bridge Standards Working Group - Suggested high level subgroups structure.png

The BSWG charter members will include participants registering in the initial invitation period, to close on October 18, 2020. Interested parties can apply to join at any time thereafter.  There is no charge for membership. Please let us know if you wish to participate by responding to our membership coordinator, Christine Denny <christinedenny@...>.

If you have any questions, please email Christine or Kiat Huang <kiat.huang@...>

Best regards,
Kiat and Christine

--

Fotis Skoularikis

I will happily try to contribute in this group.

Fotis Skoularikis

Στις Τρίτη, 13 Οκτωβρίου 2020, 10:23:27 μ.μ. CEST, ο χρήστης Kiat Huang <kiat.huang@...> έγραψε:

[...]

tim anderson

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 01:23 PM, Kiat Huang wrote:
We have included below a list of all organizations that are being invited to join the charter session
Hi Kiat, thanks for letting us know about the group. The above didn't come through for some reason?

Tim

Kiat Huang

Everyone, please note if you wish to be part of the group send an email to BSWG's membership coordinator, Christine Denny as in the post. Thanks!

Good point Tim, here it is.

We have received 45 join, so far, from this list.

These include the original set of Organisations and Individuals we identified and sent out early last week and those who have otherwise joined via the grapevine or been invited since.  We update this PDF frequently (actually today, but the date wasn't on the PDF).

Screenshot from 2020-10-14 01-01-27.png