Topics

Getting all bridge data (played hands) into the cloud and accessible for all, for free

Kiat Huang

What would it take to build this?

A world where the entire bridge ecosystem of IBOs, NBOs, businesses, software developers, clubs, intrigued bridge players can use a common data set, filtered as they wish.

Use as a growing data repository for member, customer or own played hand data.  APIs to read (anyone) and write (trusted sources).

A player/partnership "form guide" grading system for all players in every NBO, for free. Something like NGS in England (real time grading ; full guide inc maths behind it). Globally unique player IDs based on NBO + local player ID, e.g.   GBR00406107  (ISO 3-alpha country codes)

The ecosystem entities host a master/slave/replicant.

Something like this

Concepts - Global Bridge Played Deal Database.png

--

Kind regards,
Kiat

Ping Hu

This should be feasible using current cloud technology.

I had a few posts on Bridgewinners about Elo based rating system and suggested to build a worldwide system. Both ACBL and EBU has adopted USEBIO standard for their games. The work needed is to create a wouldwide player identified system. It probably could be built as an extension of WBF player number. I believe ACBL game is already in AWS cloud and it is very easy to pull the data into a global bridge database. I don't know about other NBOs. Knowledge people please comment.

Kiat Huang

On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 at 22:20, ping_hu via groups.io <ping_hu=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
This should be feasible using current cloud technology.

I had a few posts on Bridgewinners about Elo based rating system and suggested to build a worldwide system. Both ACBL and EBU has adopted USEBIO standard for their games. The work needed is to create a wouldwide player identified system. It probably could be built as an extension of WBF player number.

Maybe.  Something like global bridge player IDs of uniform length so with padded zeros - in parallel with existing NBO IDs, e.g. GBR00406107  (ISO 3-alpha country code string or numeric)
      Say, 15 character or digit length.
     <NBO country ISO><PADDED ZEROS><NBO player ID>

I believe ACBL game is already in AWS cloud and it is very easy to pull the data into a global bridge database. I don't know about other NBOs. Knowledge people please comment.

Data structures: what are good choices to hold bridge data optimised for read/write speed, for (elastic) search?

Data transport: extend USEBIO to carry bids made & cards played data with timestamps per deal?