The latest BPQ32 installer is available

Ron AE5E

The Latest BPQ32 Installer for Windows, BPQ32_6.0.21.1_20201214, is available for download from the BPQ32 Groups.IO.  It is provided as a password protected zip.  The password is 'bpq32'.  This has been done because Windows Security time and time again has falsely detected installer as a virus.  I then submit the installer to them for analysis and after analysis they remove the false positive detection.  Then, perhaps a month later, it is again detected as a virus.  I resubmit it and it is again cleared.  But even after is it cleared certain web browsers object while downloading the .exe.  Downloading as a password protected zip should allow you to download it without complaint.  The current release of Windows Security version 1.329.391.0 16:22Z December 14, 2020 does not complain when unpacking and running the installer.

John Wiseman, G8BPQ/GM8BPQ, has created a common code base for BPQ32, allowing both Windows (BPQ32) and Linux (LinBPQ) versions, including Raspberry PI, to be produced in a timely fashion.  Here are the: Linux versions.

BPQ32 updates have been made to:
BPQ32.dll Updated to Version 6.0.21.1 Changes Since 6.0.20.1
BPQMail updated to Version 6.0.21.1 Changes since Version 6.0.20
BPQChat updated to Version 1.0.12.1 Changes since Version 1.0.11.1

Here is the: Changelog.

BPQ32 has a basic Web Interface option. This provides browser access to some node status displays, and a simple Web Terminal for access to the Network. It can also act as Web Server for other BPQ32 Applications, such as BPQAPRS

BPQAPRS is an APRS mapping and messaging application. BPQAPRS at its current state of development is a viable replacement for UIView32 for many users and in addition is under active development to add additional capability. The BPQ32 digipeater is "New n-N Paradigm " compliant and provides enough objects to fully support the Local Info Initiative. A configuration example is provided to quickly get you 'on the air'. The BPQAPRS program provides mapping, using the on-line OpenStreetMap, as well as reliable messaging, to the degree this is possible, with the existing infrastructure.

As a reminder, you must have all of your node configuration in BPQ32.cfg.  If you are still using the old method please read message #10713 for further details.

Microsoft has, since the introduction of Windows XP, recommended that an installation be split in to a "program files" part and an "application data" part. This was not enforced in Windows XP but it is being enforced in Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. Many programs have been installed in the root, such as C:\Ham Programs to get around this recommendation, but the result is annoying UAC popups...'do you really trust this program' etc. If you have used this workaround, you can, after installing this release, do an uninstall, which will preserve your configuration, and then repeat the install taking all the defaults. The result will be to divide your installation properly into %programfiles%\bpq32 and %appdata%\bpq32.

In Windows-10 File Explorer by default the %appdata%\bpq32 folder is hidden.  To make this visible in Explorer at the 'View' tab select 'Hidden items'.  I believe it is also useful to select 'Item check boxes'.

Help will be available in the BPQ32 Users Group should you have questions.

Thanks to John Wiseman G8BPQ/GM8BPQ for his tireless work enhancing BPQ32!

73 de Ron Stordahl, AE5E

Mark Taylor

After updating Windows 10 with this the TNC Emulator port does not work.
Rebooted. No change.
Reinstalled Driver. No change.
Rebooted after reinstalling driver.

Device manager says the port is still there. No errors. BPQ32.dll console says TNC Emulator Init Complete

Uninstalled port then reinstalled. Changed to COM3

Airmail set to KAM+ 9600 COM3   (COM3 is G8BPQ Virtual Com Port, originally created by 6.0.20, driver reinstalled using 6.0.21, then uninstalled and reinstalled.)

What's next to try?

Mark

Mark Taylor

Reinstalled 6.20.1 and it started working again.

John G8BPQ

Can you go back to the version you were running before?

73,
John

On 14/12/2020 20:03, Mark Taylor wrote:
After updating Windows 10 with this the TNC Emulator port does not work.
Rebooted. No change.
Reinstalled Driver. No change.
Rebooted after reinstalling driver.

Device manager says the port is still there. No errors. BPQ32.dll console says TNC Emulator Init Complete

Uninstalled port then reinstalled. Changed to COM3

Airmail set to KAM+ 9600 COM3   (COM3 is G8BPQ Virtual Com Port, originally created by 6.0.20, driver reinstalled using 6.0.21, then uninstalled and reinstalled.)

What's next to try?

Mark

Mark Taylor

Yes, it works.

6.20.1

John G8BPQ

Thanks.

I've found I'd accidentally changed the KAM code in TNC Emulators. I've uploaded fixed versions to my beta site.

73,
John

On 14/12/2020 21:10, Mark Taylor wrote:
Yes, it works.

6.20.1

Mark Taylor

Thanks John, works great now.

Mark

Bob Smith

This might just be me.
But after the upgrade.
I found that if I have messages. I read them, then kill them, they still show in the "list mine" command.
They do show with a 'K' status. But they still list. Confuses Outpost.

73,
Bob, NS2B

Jerome Kutche

Run housekeeping it will remove the killed messages.

John G8BPQ

Yes, if you are a sysop LM includes Killed messaged (like with other List commands) I thought it always did that, but I guess from your comment something has changed. I'll look into it.

73,
John

On 17/12/2020 12:07, Bob Smith wrote:
This might just be me.
But after the upgrade.
I found that if I have messages. I read them, then kill them, they still show in the "list mine" command.
They do show with a 'K' status. But they still list. Confuses Outpost.

73,
Bob, NS2B

Brian Ginn

I have tried both bpq32_6.0.21.1_20201214 and bpq32_6.0.20.1_20200424 on Windows 10 - 64 bit.
Should bpq32 run on 64 bit Windows?

In both cases, they unzip to an executable e.g. bpq32_6.0.20.1_20200424.exe with a yellow icon.
Running that installer starts up a blue circle for a few seconds, then the executable file vanishes.
There are no warnings or messages.

Is this behavior the Windows Security problem?

Whatever the problem, any idea how to get past it?

73,
KC7UQD

Darrell Black <gigahacker@...>

image.png

Protection History....should be able to find the listing and go into actions and restore the threat as safe

--

Darrell Black

(517) 917-2226
GigaHacker@...
http://www.linkedin.com/in/darrellblack

73 de W8DSB
"In God we trust, all others we monitor"

GMRS WRDE739
ALLSTAR 50964
DMR 310195

Mike Melnik

Brian

I would guess your Anti Virus is grabbing the Installer.exe and the BPQ32.EXE, when I have to run the installer
I shut down my A/V I also have the BPQ32 Programs Folder (Complete) set in my A/V to be excluded.

It is hard to get around the Installer.exe, you can usually tell by going to the A/V Virus Chest and restore
the .EXE

Hope this helps.

73

Mike Melnik-N9PMO
BPQ32 Groups.io Group Moderator

Brian Ginn

Thanks Mike, Darrell, and Ray.

I've got it installed. . . and running!

McAfee then keeps quarantining the installed binaries, so I will have to look up how to exclude that directory.  McAfee is disabled for now.

After I got the binaries to not-delete, I quickly got UZ7HO soundmodem working . . . then It took a long while to get chat working.

Thanks again,

73

Brian

KC7UQD

On 5/1/2021 9:40 PM, Mike Melnik wrote:
Brian

I would guess your Anti Virus is grabbing the Installer.exe and the BPQ32.EXE, when I have to run the installer
I shut down my A/V I also have the BPQ32 Programs Folder (Complete) set in my A/V to be excluded.

It is hard to get around the Installer.exe, you can usually tell by going to the A/V Virus Chest and restore
the .EXE

Hope this helps.

73

Mike Melnik-N9PMO
BPQ32 Groups.io Group Moderator

Mike Melnik

Brian

Open MacAfee main window, at the Top Right or the window you should see what looks like a GEAR
click on the gear, you will then see a drop down window, Select real Time Scanning, click on Exclude Files,
unlike most A/V you will need to add each .of the BPQ32 Programs .EXE’S to be excluded, it would
have been nice if they allowed to add the Complete Folder, that should stop your problem.