Sent: Friday, March 01, 2019 7:05 AM
Subject: [BlindTech] Youtube Videos

Does anyone know of a good accessbile site that I can download the audio from a Youtube link please?

chris judge

I use pontes media downloader. It usually works well.

I don't use a site.  I prefer to use a program.  Is there a reason you prefer a site?  I don't know if it matters, but I prefer to do this directly instead of having a third party serve as an intermediary, maybe sending me advertising while it does what it does.  I don't particularly care if I get advertising per se but there is a lot of hacked third party advertising these days and I don't want to expose myself to more advertising than necessary.

Gene

Does anyone know of a good accessbile site that I can download the audio from a Youtube link please?

Gene

I haven't tried that program.  But if someone wants to try it, they should be aware that you can't change the bit rate of MP3 files created by the program.  I believe it creates 128KBPS MP3 files.  So if you want a higher quality bit rate MP3 file, you will have to download the files in something like wave, a lossless format, then use a conversion program like Switch to create the MP3 file with the parameters you want.

I use a program that allows you to adjust the MP3 specifications but that program requires two or three extra steps so in terms of work, it probably comes out about the same.

Gene

I use pontes media downloader. It usually works well.

I don't use a site.  I prefer to use a program.  Is there a reason you prefer a site?  I don't know if it matters, but I prefer to do this directly instead of having a third party serve as an intermediary, maybe sending me advertising while it does what it does.  I don't particularly care if I get advertising per se but there is a lot of hacked third party advertising these days and I don't want to expose myself to more advertising than necessary.

Gene

Does anyone know of a good accessbile site that I can download the audio from a Youtube link please?

Stephen Troy

yes, it’s very easy and accessible.

On 1 Mar 2019, at 13:47, chris judge <chrisjudge1967@...> wrote:

I use pontes media downloader. It usually works well.

I don't use a site.  I prefer to use a program.  Is there a reason you prefer a site?  I don't know if it matters, but I prefer to do this directly instead of having a third party serve as an intermediary, maybe sending me advertising while it does what it does.  I don't particularly care if I get advertising per se but there is a lot of hacked third party advertising these days and I don't want to expose myself to more advertising than necessary.

Gene

Does anyone know of a good accessbile site that I can download the audio from a Youtube link please?

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

If you go to

http://www.softcon.com/files/

You'll find a program called YTDLUI (youtube download user interface) that will allow you to copy and paste youtube video urls into the edit box as many as you like (one per line) and then download those videos to your pc.  If you put -x in the parameters box, then it will grab all the audio formats as well, and depending on what format you're looking for, you may not need to do any converting at all, since the format you want may already be present.  I've gotten sometimes as many as 3 different audio formats with a video.  I generally delete the ones I don't want, or if none are the format I want, I use ffmpeg to do the conversion for me, and you can too.

I mention the ffmpeg program in the documentation with a link as to where to obtain it, to make things easier for folks.

On 3/1/2019 8:05 AM, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io wrote:

Does anyone know of a good accessbile site that I can download the audio from a Youtube link please?

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) <steven.hicks@...>

No real reason, any way to do it will suit really.

I don't use a site.  I prefer to use a program.  Is there a reason you prefer a site?  I don't know if it matters, but I prefer to do this directly instead of having a third party serve as an intermediary, maybe sending me advertising while it does what it does.  I don't particularly care if I get advertising per se but there is a lot of hacked third party advertising these days and I don't want to expose myself to more advertising than necessary.

Gene

Does anyone know of a good accessbile site that I can download the audio from a Youtube link please?

Stephen Troy

i use ponts media and don’t get any 3rd party advertising after a download.

On 1 Mar 2019, at 16:16, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io <steven.hicks@...> wrote:

No real reason, any way to do it will suit really.

I don't use a site.  I prefer to use a program.  Is there a reason you prefer a site?  I don't know if it matters, but I prefer to do this directly instead of having a third party serve as an intermediary, maybe sending me advertising while it does what it does.  I don't particularly care if I get advertising per se but there is a lot of hacked third party advertising these days and I don't want to expose myself to more advertising than necessary.

Gene

Does anyone know of a good accessbile site that I can download the audio from a Youtube link please?

Jujube

Are you referring to sites that can convert youtube videos to audio files? Try convert2mp3.net

Does anyone know of a good accessbile site that I can download the audio from a Youtube link please?

Scott Meyer

Hi Travis,
 downloaded the program but how do you convert to Mp3?
Using windows 7

On Mar 1, 2019, at 10:50 AM, Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...> wrote:

[...]

.
Thanks
Scott

Scott Meyer

Hi Travis,
 Forgot to mention using Jaws 12.
Scott
On Mar 2, 2019, at 9:06 PM, Scott Meyer via Groups.Io <scotttt.meyer@...> wrote:

[...]

To do an actual conversion, (if the -x doesn't get the format you want), you'll need to use either ffmpeg (fwhich is linked to in the documentation), or avconv, (an earlier version of ffmpeg) to do the conversion.  You'll also need to have the appropriate encoders on your machine, all of which is covered in the ffmpeg documentation which is posted at the site mentioned in the docs, ffmpeg.com or ffmpeg.org or something, too lazy to go look at the moment.