Re: Youtube Videos

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

To do an actual conversion, (if the -x doesn't get the format you want), you'll need to use either ffmpeg (fwhich is linked to in the documentation), or avconv, (an earlier version of ffmpeg) to do the conversion.  You'll also need to have the appropriate encoders on your machine, all of which is covered in the ffmpeg documentation which is posted at the site mentioned in the docs, ffmpeg.com or ffmpeg.org or something, too lazy to go look at the moment.

On 3/2/2019 9:10 PM, Scott Meyer wrote:

Hi Travis,
 Forgot to mention using Jaws 12.
Scott
On Mar 2, 2019, at 9:06 PM, Scott Meyer via Groups.Io <scotttt.meyer@...> wrote:

Hi Travis,
 downloaded the program but how do you convert to Mp3?
Using windows 7

On Mar 1, 2019, at 10:50 AM, Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...> wrote:

If you go to

http://www.softcon.com/files/

You'll find a program called YTDLUI (youtube download user interface) that will allow you to copy and paste youtube video urls into the edit box as many as you like (one per line) and then download those videos to your pc.  If you put -x in the parameters box, then it will grab all the audio formats as well, and depending on what format you're looking for, you may not need to do any converting at all, since the format you want may already be present.  I've gotten sometimes as many as 3 different audio formats with a video.  I generally delete the ones I don't want, or if none are the format I want, I use ffmpeg to do the conversion for me, and you can too.

I mention the ffmpeg program in the documentation with a link as to where to obtain it, to make things easier for folks.

On 3/1/2019 8:05 AM, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io wrote:

Does anyone know of a good accessbile site that I can download the audio from a Youtube link please?

.
Thanks
Scott

Join blindtech@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.