Pontes Media Downloader - version 3 released

Nelu Cîmpean

Hi, everybody!
I've noticed some discussions here about Pontes Media Downloader and I just want to let you all know that we've just released version 3 of the program.
The major technical difference is that version 3 has a javafx interface instead of the older dot net interface.
Also it includes ffmpeg 4 for converting and, of course the latest version of youtube-dl for downloading.
It comes with oracle java 8 included and accessibility features enabled (tested with nvda and narator on windows).

I've tried to keep the same keyboard shortcuts as in version 2.1 There is also a window that lists all the shortcuts (control k opens it)
I've added a downloads table in which you can manage individual downloads. It is possible to download more than one file at a time. Default setting is 3 downloads simultaneously.
The program will automatically detect a playlist now and will open a window where you can choose the elements from the playlist that you want to download. By default all items are checked.  You can check/uncheck an item from the list with space All the checked items will be added to the downloads table
You can also view each download's log (control g) This is useful if for some reason a file was not downloaded (usually the last line of the log is the error)

The downside is that the installer is bigger (around 70 mb in windows) and it takes more space on the hdd (around 250 mb mostly because of java and ffmpeg)
The major advantage is that the program is now cross-platform (there are also mac and linux versions available).
The official webpage of the program is here http://www.pontes.ro/en/scripts/#pmd

You can download the program from here:
Windows version (32 and 64 bit) http://pontes.ro/ro/utile/instrumente/pmd/Pmd_install_v3.exe
Mac OsX version (64 bit) http://pontes.ro/ro/utile/instrumente/pmd/Pmd_v3_osx.zip
Linux (Debian based, 64 bit) http://pontes.ro/ro/utile/instrumente/pmd/pmd_3.0.2-190302_amd64.deb

Version 2.1 will remain available (for those who just need a simpler utility) at http://pontes.ro/ro/utile/instrumente/pontes_media_downloader_install_2_1.exe

Pontes Media Downloader is just a friendly interface for youtube-dl - a wonderful command line utility that does all the complicated media extraction.
Have fun using Pontes Media Downloader!

Join blindtech@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.