Topics

end of an era

Hi all.

No doubt you have seen it on twitter allready but klango is going offline.

It like the zone wasn't much full of spam and its issues but it was one of the old networks well its going.

All sources are archived, and all media data is archived for future release.

The rest is going.

If you think you want a memmory or think you have something left behind on there to remember you are strongly encouraged to login to the site before the 24th of may, go to settings and get a zipped data export.

For me personally klango wasn't much I can't say I played round much, I did fiddle with sound schemes, games, a few groups, but I was only just starting to come into my own.

I have precious data to look at no blog, a few forum posts of nothing noteworthy and some pms of which I never checked.

Still if you have something left on the old world you have a few days before the vogons come.

Unlike the hitch hikers guide you have at least 4-5 days before it goes, so you should pickup your stuff.

www.klango.net/theend.html is the page where its noted to.

No need to go looking through basements for plans.

Milos Przic

I thaught they went offline long ago. Didn't have much there either, but yes, sorry to see them leaving...

[...]

mattias

so first zonebbs
next klango
what nnext

På 17 maj 2018 9:26:18 fm "Milos Przic" <milos.przic@...> skrev:

[...]

Well, it became quite a rundown place.

However it did have a lot of concepts, the first blind ish forums, soundpacks and schemes, and a load of other things like that.

I am not sad to see it go, but it had a lot of concepts most of these were when I had dialup and early dsl broadband.

Its a pitty it didn't get rebranded, while its content went down the tubes just like the zone, the platform had a lot of potential.

However the fact it never got updated, stuff didn't work and it ended up full of holes, cracks and unmanaged things got me and others off of it.

Still, its sad to see something like this die.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shaun Everiss" <@smeveriss>
[...]

.

Well I don't think things like this drop out.

Zone bbs and klango just aren't relivant anymore.

I don't see us missing a lot when these die.

If we lost the entire audiogames network, then I think we'd have the right to start spewing flames out of our noses.

On 5/17/2018 7:39 PM, mattias wrote:
[...]

Katie Epperson

Well, come to my site where the staff won’t tell you to kill yourselves

On May 17, 2018, at 12:53 AM, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:

[...]

blindfunzone.x10.mx
It isn’t all finished yet

On May 17, 2018, at 1:33 AM, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:

[...]

Damien Garwood

Hi,
I haven't used the network section of Klango for a very long time (at least seven years), so I doubt I'll miss that aspect of it.
I have, however, done a test to see what you can do with Klango without the network, and it seems you can still access the majority of the recreational apps, albeit with login nag screens, and of course the local media player. The applications that I have tested and that seem to work well are:
Typing Lessons
Mathtools
Piano
Simple Puzzle
Long Jump
Dice Poker
Skeet
Szawisza czarni (Soundscape)
What is slightly worrying is that the help files for these applications seem to be stored on the server rather than locally.
Other than that though, they work rather well on the so-called seemingly locally managed guest account.
Cheers,
Damien.

On 17/05/2018 08:39 AM, mattias wrote:
[...]

john

If someone can get these manuals stored locally (maybe manually saving
them - no pun intended), we could host them on agarchive.net.
This has been done in a few cases where developers only provide online
versions of their manuals, such as Valiant Galaxy.

[...]

Oriol Gómez

NExt is Skype on May 25th, classic skype is going away.
Then in June, Twitter streaming API is going away.

On 5/17/18, john <jpcarnemolla@...> wrote:
[...]

I doubt skype classic will be going away now its able to be downloaded again.

Twitter streaming is delayed to august but rumers are that twitter is in financial trouble anyway.

On 5/20/2018 6:25 PM, Oriol Gómez wrote:
[...]

Hi.

The only skype that is going away is win10 universal.

And thats not a big issue if you keep all your apps updated.

Classic isn't going away right now, its never going to get intergrated into windows 10 but thats fine for us.