Topics

Wrest park hawfinch.

matthew strangwick

One hawfinch and one siskin with chaffinch and greenfinch at wrest park. Redwing and fieldfare too. A fellow birder, I'm unsure of his name, missed the hawfinch by ten minutes after leaving, sorry. He had 2 golden plover fly over and a couple of bullfinch too. If you read this please reply and let me know your name.

matthew strangwick

Sorry, I forgot to put the time. It was roughly at 9:45.

On 14 Nov 2017 10:35, "matthew strangwick" <Mattstrangwick@...> wrote:

One hawfinch and one siskin with chaffinch and greenfinch at wrest park. Redwing and fieldfare too. A fellow birder, I'm unsure of his name, missed the hawfinch by ten minutes after leaving, sorry. He had 2 golden plover fly over and a couple of bullfinch too. If you read this please reply and let me know your name.

Sheila Brooke

Having failed yesterday at Wrest Park I decided to try again this morning.  I was on the point of giving up at 11.40 when one was appeared on the top of one of the limes and was joined by another two. They did not stay long but returned about 5 minutes later with reinforcements and flitted about for a short while - so up to 5 at one time.  Closer views would have been nice - but I so nearly missed them altogether!
Sheila