Topics

Hawfinch at Wrest Park, Silsoe

Stuart Warren

At least 5 different birds seen this morning from 9.10am, on the eastern footpath, just past the car garages etc, on top of the avenue of Lime trees and also flying over the specimen conifers.

Regards
Stuart

Mike Pinhorn

Nothing seen since about 10.30am, although one was heard.

Will try again.

Cheers

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

On 13 Nov 2017, at 10:23, Stuart Warren <Stuartwarren99@...> wrote:

At least 5 different birds seen this morning from 9.10am, on the eastern footpath, just past the car garages etc, on top of the avenue of Lime trees and also flying over the specimen conifers.

Regards
Stuart

Graham Bellamy

Nothing at 3pm today….apart from a black and white cat, one starling and 8 long-tailed tits.

Graham

Nothing seen since about 10.30am, although one was heard.

Will try again.

Cheers

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

On 13 Nov 2017, at 10:23, Stuart Warren <Stuartwarren99@...> wrote:

At least 5 different birds seen this morning from 9.10am, on the eastern footpath, just past the car garages etc, on top of the avenue of Lime trees and also flying over the specimen conifers.

Regards

Stuart

Sheila Brooke

I was there soon after you for the best part of an hour and did not see any either!!  Humphhh!!!
Sheila

On 13 Nov 2017, at 16:38, Graham Bellamy <graham@...> wrote:

Nothing at 3pm today….apart from a black and white cat, one starling and 8 long-tailed tits.
Graham

Nothing seen since about 10.30am, although one was heard.

Will try again.

Cheers

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

On 13 Nov 2017, at 10:23, Stuart Warren <Stuartwarren99@...> wrote:

At least 5 different birds seen this morning from 9.10am, on the eastern footpath, just past the car garages etc, on top of the avenue of Lime trees and also flying over the specimen conifers.

Regards

Stuart

David Williams

One hawfinch heard at 9.30am this morning exactly where Stuart had seen them 20 minutes earlier.  Couldn't see it. Nothing on my return two hour later (I walked from Lower Gravenhurst to Flitton Moor - new territory for me).
David Williams

On 13 November 2017 at 17:13, Sheila Brooke <brooke.se@...> wrote:
I was there soon after you for the best part of an hour and did not see any either!!  Humphhh!!!
Sheila

On 13 Nov 2017, at 16:38, Graham Bellamy <graham@...> wrote:

Nothing at 3pm today….apart from a black and white cat, one starling and 8 long-tailed tits.
Graham

Nothing seen since about 10.30am, although one was heard.

Will try again.

Cheers

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

On 13 Nov 2017, at 10:23, Stuart Warren <Stuartwarren99@...> wrote:

At least 5 different birds seen this morning from 9.10am, on the eastern footpath, just past the car garages etc, on top of the avenue of Lime trees and also flying over the specimen conifers.

Regards

Stuart

LGREUK400@...

At least 3 birds were seen today with Greenfinches beneath the Yew trees and in the tall Limes just beyond the entrance gates at Wrest Park today (about 2pm) while just 5 individuals - a 3 and two singles - came into roost with 21+ Brambling in the Beech/pine trees near Southill Lake

Good Birding Always, Lee Evans