Topics

Butterflys

matthew strangwick

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know their butterfly's? I just saw in the garden either a silver-washed, high Brown or dark green fritillary. Which is the most likely of these three to be in the garden? Any help will be much appreciated.

John Pitts

Hi Matthew
Where do you live? If near chalk might be a DGF although in 2015 earliest flight seen was 24/6/2015.
Regards
John P

matthew strangwick

Hi John
I live near Goldington Green in Portland Close. And it landed on a redcurrant plant if this helps.

On 15 Jun 2017 14:15, "John Pitts" <johnholwaypitts@...> wrote:
Hi Matthew
Where do you live? If near chalk might be a DGF although in 2015 earliest flight seen was 24/6/2015.
Regards
John P

John Pitts

Sorry Matthew but that is beyond a guess for me now. Maybe Keith B can help. Nobody breeds butterflies near you?
Best wishes

matthew strangwick

Not that I know of, thanks anyway. I may see if I can get a picture of it if it comes again.